New and Upcoming Courses
Coming soon! ASE-X1 Test Prep Program
Technicians seeking ASE X1 certification will benefit from the information offered by this test preparation video. It features the most up-to-date ASE task list, along with practice test questions like those typically seen on an ASE certification exam to help users feel more comfortable and prepared to pass the actual test. Comprehensive coverage includes overviews of each task list topic, plus ASE test taking strategies and detailed explanations.
February Featured Course:
Catalytic converters play a pivotal role in emissions control as well as engine performance. AVI’s John Barclay takes a deep dive into monitoring, diagnosing and repairing catalytic converter malfunctions and failures. Learn how the catalyst efficiency monitor verifies catalytic converter operation. Observe the sensors and systems used to keep exhaust emissions within predetermined values. John demonstrates how the PCM compares the signals from the upstream and downstream oxygen sensors to determine the state of the converter. You will be able to use this information to accurately diagnose the efficiency of catalytic and exhaust system operation. Register for the zoom today!
LBT-450 Hybrid EV Maintenance Opportunities-Cooling Systems
Are you missing Hybrid/EV service sales? Expand your Hybrid/EV service offerings and grow your business to reflect the increasing numbers of Hybrid/EV vehicles on the road today. Hybrid/EV Maintenance Opportunities is your chance to broaden the skill set of your sales and service team!
The service opportunities for hybrid and electric vehicles are increasing for all shops. Fluid service and battery maintenance are critical care items for the longevity of these vehicles. Poorly maintained batteries cause a loss of fuel economy. This course covers Hybrid/EV cooling system components, inspection, diagnostics and maintenance procedures required to keep them in optimal operating condition.
- How to expand service offerings to include Hybrid/EVs
- Broadening your shop’s skill set to meet the demand of servicing Hybrid/EVs
- Hybrid/EV cooling system similarities and differences across manufacturers
- Scan tool use for proper Hybrid/EV coolant system service
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance HV Safety & PPE
- Describe Hybrid/EV cooling systems and configurations
- Recognize common mistakes Technicians make when servicing HEV/BEV
- Know what tools are needed for Hybrid/EV coolant services
- Identify maintenance needs and opportunities with cooling systems