Whether you are a new mechanic or working to become a master tech,
The Group Training Academy's Coaching program will help improve your diagnostic skills
and take you to the next level.
Can’t find good techs? Make the ones you already have better. Get your technicians up to speed.
6 Week Sessions:
- Online Assessment
- 6 Online Group Sessions (2 hours each)
- Post Test
- Certificates of Session Completion
An ASE Master Certified instructor will help enhance your skills over a wide range of industry topics.
Technician Training Program
Purpose: To Improve technician diagnostic problem-solving skills and technical aptitude.
6 Week Session: $450 per Technician
This course will consist of six (6) weekly zoom meetings with our registered attendees. They will be held on Zoom. There will be an online orientation and an online assessment provided to take before the first meeting.
This coaching session, consisting of six webinar meetings, is full of information on Ford Power Stroke diagnostics covering extensive 6.7 Power stroke repair information. This course will demo actual testing and practical service demonstrations along with helpful tips and tricks.
Topics include: Fuel testing, Pressure Testing, Volume testing, Scan tool diagnostics, Diagnostic tips, Turbochargers, Data network diagnostics, No start diagnostics, SCR & DPF systems and much more.
The instructor will also furnish the participants with detailed handouts and recommend other materials for additional participant self-study. If you service Power stroke Diesel vehicles, this program is a must!
- Review of the high-pressure oil system, leak checks, and components
- Discuss fuel system updates and common issues
- Evaluate PCM connectors, wiring diagrams, and common communication issues
- Illustrate fuel injector operation
- Diagnose engine oil issues and evaluate causes for aeration
- Procedures for inspection of injector sleeves and list issues found with coolant and diesel contamination
- Outline turbocharger testing, including boost vs. backpressure
- Discuss engine oil pressure diagnosis and how it affects the ICP pressure
- Analyze common rail information and care
- Investigate fuel contamination and fuel injection pump diagnosis
- Interpret fuel trim stability, analyzing fuel adjustments made by the PCM
- Relate turbocharger issues, including oil and boost issues
- Generalize causes for oil dilution and premature engine issues such as broken rocker arms
- Describe turbocharger/wastegate equipped systems vs. non-wastegate equipped
- Communicate on cooling systems, primary and secondary/service
- Demonstrate proficiency in scan tool use, PIDS, and data
- Generalize aftertreatment systems and the associated data
Schedule Option 1: Day Session
- April 15 - 11 am - 1pm EDT – Session 1
- April 22 - 11 am - 1pm EDT – Session 2
- April 29 - 11 am - 1pm EDT – Session 3
- May 6 - 11 am - 1pm EDT – Session 4
- May 13 - 11 am - 1pm EDT – Session 5
- May 20 - 11 am - 1pm EDT – Session 6
Schedule Option 2: Evening Session
- April 15 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm EDT – Session 1
- April 22 - 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm EDT – Session 2
- April 29 - 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm EDT – Session 3
- May 6 - 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm EDT – Session 4
- May 13 - 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm EDT – Session 5
- May 20 - 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm EDT – Session 6
Meet Your Mentors:
Request a Session:
John Forro has achieved A.S.E. Master certified automobile technician with L-1 Advanced Engine Performance certification as well. John has also achieved certifications in heavy truck and body repair throughout his career. John has authored 20 Automotive manuals to date, produced several automotive training videos, appeared in many of the industry trade magazines and won the Motor Top 20 tool award for Silver Bullets. John has been featured in several AVI training films on such subjects as Silver Bullets, Quick Check Diagnostics and Mode $06.
Tom has achieved ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Performance certification, is a master trainer for the Ohio EPA Emissions Program, and holds various OEM and industry supplier certifications. Tom's Clients have included Ford Motor Company, General Motors Corporation, Snap-On Tools, Ohio EPA, American Automobile Association, Cuyahoga County, Cargill Salt, and Cuyahoga Community College. He has also served as a field technician servicing both automotive and heavy-duty trucks.
Future Session Topics:
STEERING & SUSPENSION
HEATING & A/C
HYBRID / ELECTRIC VEHICLES