SMP Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) Systems
Gasoline direct injection is used on most new vehicles and requires a different approach to diagnosis and service. GDI systems have specific failures and require an understanding of how they work and how to test them when they set a code. In this class, we will dig into these systems and demonstrate common failures, code diagnosis, scan data interpretation, and service procedures. We will diagnose broken vehicles and help you to streamline your diagnosis of these popular systems. The goal of this class is to prepare the aftermarket technician for diagnosing and repairing gasoline direct injection systems safely and correctly.
- After completing this class, a technician will:
- Diagnose and repair the low-pressure system
- Diagnose and repair the high-pressure system
- Replace fuel injectors and seals
- Diagnose and replace the high-pressure pump
- Repair excessive carbon buildup on the valve stems