AVI instructor Andy Tirado takes you through a hands-on vehicle based case study on how to diagnose a misfire. Using various tools and technology including scopes, scan tools and mode 6, Andy will give you the roadmap of the techniques to quickly isolate a misfire. This course teaches a fast, efficient way to identify the type of misfire and the best way to fix it right the first time. You’ll learn the tools and techniques used throughout the industry to effectively repair fuel, ignition or mechanical misfires on modern vehicles including ones using “smart” ignition systems.
- Misfire overview
- Strategy based misfire diagnostics with scan tool and scope
- Modern ignition systems
- Mechanical and electronic misfire diagnosis
- Hands on vehicle case study
Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Define what a misfire is
- Identify possible misfire causes
- Identify misfire tools
- Diagnose mechanical related misfires
- Diagnose Ignition/fuel related misfires
- Interpret scope waveforms
Runtime = 53 minutes
Credit Hours = 1.5
There are no reviews yet.