The Duramax L5P engine includes mechanical upgrades, updated fuel delivery system, solenoid style fuel injectors, a modernized high pressure pump and air induction system with a high tech mass air flow sensor. These components contribute to the L5P delivering an incredible 925 ft. lbs. of torque. This program will take you through the diagnostic procedures and component testing techniques of the low and high pressure fuel system and air induction system along with revised emission components to keep you up to date with this powerful GM diesel engine.
- Understanding fuel testing procedures
- Discuss cooling system related performance issues
- Know how to perform a fuel test and use to diagnose fuel system
- Evaluate engine performance using diagnostic scope testing
- Perform tests on fuel injectors
- Identify injector and computer inputs
- Understand how the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) operates
- Discuss performance issues related to DPF
Runtime: 1 hour 15 minutes
Credit Hours: 3.4 hours
There are no reviews yet.