Catalytic converters play a pivotal role in emissions control as well as engine performance. AVI’s John Barclay takes a deep dive into monitoring, diagnosing and repairing catalytic converter malfunctions and failures. Learn how the catalyst efficiency monitor verifies catalytic converter operation. Observe the sensors and systems used to keep exhaust emissions within predetermined values. John demonstrates how the PCM compares the signals from the upstream and downstream oxygen sensors to determine the state of the converter. You will be able to use this information to accurately diagnose the efficiency of catalytic and exhaust system operation.
- Catalytic Converter (CAT) Construction, Operation and Related Components
- Conditions that Lead to CAT Inefficiency and Failure
- Validating CAT Performance
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the Operation of a Catalytic Converter
- Describe the Elements Used in Catalytic Converters
- List Potential Contaminants that can Lead to Catalytic Converter Degradation and Failure
- Identify and Diagnose Common Failures of Catalytic Converters
- Use Wave Forms to Identify O2 Sensor
- Describe Switching Ratios and Identify Waveforms that Represent Values Indicating Catalyst Malfunctions
Runtime = 57 minutes
Credit Hours = 1.4
There are no reviews yet.