Using your scan tool and labscope to accurately decipher engine PIDS, mechanical issues, fuel issues and ignition issues. Instructor John Forro will show the students how to get the most out of your diagnostic process to get to the root of drivability issue without spending needless time performing many diagnostic tests.
- Career Evolution & Importance of Labscope Basics
- Mechanical, Fuel, Air or Software problem?
- A Look At The ICE (Internal Combustion Engine)
- Stoichiometric & Other Definitions
- 07 P0171 & P0174 Codes- 2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 Liter
- 08 Case Study- 2003 Mercury Sable 3.0L Lean Condition No Codes
- Labscopes and Current Ramping
- Pressure Transducers – Pros and Cons
Upon completion of this course, student will be to:
- Decipher an ignition, fuel or mechanical issues
- Deciphering the data stream PIDS
- Perform various system led diagnostics once system is determined
Runtime: 83 minutes